03 October, 2011

Banana Bread

This is a staple around my house.  We never seem to eat bananas fast enough, and I can't bear to toss them. Plus, I've been told by many glutemanics and non-glutemanics alike that this is the best banana bread they've ever had.  I think they may have been exaggerating so I'd make more, but it is damn good if I say so myself, and super easy to make.

3 very ripe bananas, mushed
2 eggs
1/4 c sugar
2-3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 3/4 c Pamela's baking & pancake mix
1 teaspoon vanilla
A pinch of salt

1. Beat the bananas, butter, sugar, and eggs together in a bowl on medium speed for about 1 minute.

2.  Add the Pamela's, vanilla, and salt, and mix together.

3.  Pour the dough into a greased bread pan and bake at 350 degrees F (177 C) for about 50-55 minutes.

Variations: I tend to go light on the butter and sugar if I am making the bread for just the family breakfast, I don't think you miss out on the taste too much and it makes the bread a bit healthier.  I've also been known to throw in an extra banana and chocolate chips if I'm feeling a little spunky.  Bottom line, is this is a recipe that you can play with a bit and it will still turn out yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment