03 October, 2011

Buttercream Frosting

Gluten free cake, especially a classic white cake, often really needs some good frosting to cover up the cardboard taste.  This frosting will do the trick if you find yourself throwing together some gluten free cupcakes using a box mix (although, I recommend Pamela's Classic Vanilla Cake mix, it is the best tasting mix available).  I also use this frosting on my carrot cake.

4 ounces cream cheese, room temp
4 tablespoons butter, room temp
3/4 c powered sugar

1.  Cream together the cream cheese and butter.

2.  Mix in the powered sugar, about 1/8 to 1/4 cup at a time until all mixed.

3.  Refrigerate about an hour, then use to frost a sweet dessert.  A batch this size will frost about 12 cupcakes for me.

Variations: I do use low fat cream cheese if I'm feeling bad about my jeans fitting that day... which is most of the time, and I seriously don't think it affects the taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment